Thursday, March 6, 2014

Various Philosophies Compilation

I have had several topics of thought in the past few weeks, but none of them were solid or long enough for me to create an entire post out of each of them. So, here's a little compilation of some of the thought processes I've had recently.

• Man is not condemned to be free, but condemned to nothing.

• There is an over-abundance of sexuality in the media due to the tabu nature of the matter. This has come to the point where I find it absolutely obnoxious. People make such a big deal out of it that it becomes omnipresent. My solution is My Little Pony. While some may disagree that the show's content doesn't have any shipping in it, it is still rated G. That means no sexuality at all. One of the many wonders about the show.

• Great minds do think alike, but more importantly if one goes by a more spiritual train of thought, all minds are one.

• Due to the evidence presented by Quantum Physics (there are other sources that talk about the why, I just want to mention the what), I believe that free will is being established as correct over predeterminism

• Despite the wish for a better world, very few people strive to make one. We humans are creatures of complaint. Many of us see the glass as half empty. So I will go a step further from this complaint about us complaining and tell you to look on the bright side of things, as I will now do.

• Creativity, for me at least, comes in bursts. I believe it is necessary to do all you can to prepare for these bursts so they can be used to their full potential.

• Wasting one's time can only occur if one believes they are wasting their time.

• Fear is an illusion we believe so thoroughly in we make it more real than our own reality. Only when we treat it as real does it become real for us.

• Many people attempt to create logic systems in this world to attempt to solve the mysterious illogic we live in. I try my best to accept the whimsically mysterious environment we are surrounded by.

• Life and death is more complex than a mere cycle. While just about every person we know of was born and will die, abnormalities intrude into each individual's life, making no one's the same as another person's life.



I also was thinking about possible corrections to our thoroughly screwed up school system. (Look for the RSA video about it for more information)
A few key points I believe would radically help education would include:
- Improve the flexibility of school (allow more homeschooling/private stuff/whatever, get rid of all the standardized crap)
- Discriminate based on one's academic needs (I don't mean discrimination like racism or some crap, I mean people learn differently and want to learn different things, accept these differences and alter the program to fit these needs.)
- Allow more creative, lateral, and diverse thinking (Another thing from the RSAnimate video)
- Popularize programs like Luminosity. While I actually don't use that program, I see the possible benefits of using something like that to improve general cognitive capacity.
- Allow individuals to shape their own paths. While a broad knowledge is always helpful, don't get ridiculous about it. Common sense and reason ability, people.
- Embrace knowledge/wisdom/etc over academic credentials - legitimacy
- Possibly go back to a more apprentice-master style, at least specialize school systems more.

Other stuff to talk about is below.

Going from my learned knowledge of our current state of world from my philosophy/humanities course, I have come to realize that there are some issues with the contemporary zeitgeist. (I sound so fancy!) While the professor of said course may have a biased opinion, I believe some of their points are valid. We do live in a time where illegitimacy is more accepted than it once would have been. This spawns distrust in one another, causing an ultimate isolation from the rest of the world. While rebelling against society is probably a good idea when it comes to some things, disconnecting oneself from the rest of the world through our intensive simulacra and whatnot becomes slightly troubling. Though many people do well alone, I have found that using other human beings as a resource for one's own improvement in any general topic is usually advisable. To clarify, spend more legitimate time with other people. Whether it be Skype or over a cup of tea or whatnot, try to get to know people in an informal, honest manner with truth and legitimacy from both parties. I know it is possible!